- Criminal Forensic Psychologist
- Presenter for Cross Country Education
- Certified as an Expert Mental Health Evaluator by the Arizona Supreme Court.
- Since 2003 has provided over 300 full-day trainings in all 50 states for counselors, probation officers and other professionals on assessing / treating sexual and Internet compulsions.
- A former case manager with Child Protective Services, Dr. Simpson has an extensive background in working with victims and perpetrators of sex crimes in outpatient and inpatient settings. This has included individual and family counseling, group counseling, and court-ordered psychosexual evaluations.
- Author of Second Thoughts, a book that was instrumental in helping expose the false claims and dangers of ‘recovered memory therapy.’ Throughout the 1990’s Dr. Simpson was a leading educator on False Memory Syndrome and trained thousands of counseling professionals on standards of practice. He also served as an expert consultant to the Arizona Board of Psychologist Examiners.
- Dr. Simpson has been a guest on The Joan Rivers Show, the Leeza Gibbons Show, Parent Talk Radio, Focus on the Family, Frontline, and Fox News. He has been a professional consultant to a number of national media, including 20/20, 60 minutes, NBC News, Nightline, The Oprah Winfrey Show, the Chicago Tribune, Dateline, The Today Show, Focus on the Family, and Vanity Fair magazine.
Don’t tell anyone, but all of the boring stuff above is really a clever disguise to hide Dr. Simpson’s true identity – a mandolin-picking, bluegrass jamin’ nutcase. As a board member of the Desert Bluegrass Association (www.desertbluegrass.org) he wastes all kinds of time and money on a tremendously un-cool obsession – much to the embarrassment of his two children. If you want to embarrass your children as well, come and sit in on a free Bluegrass Workshop he leads every Monday night on the eastside of Tucson.
Groups and Associations:
- American Psychological Association
- Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards,
- National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology
- Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers, National and Arizona Chapter